The kitesurfing beginner course is addressed to anyone who wants to take up this exciting sport. It is addressed to anyone and being healthy and in good physical condition as well as having good confidence in the water are the only prerequisites.
Our school works only with certified, experienced, and multilingual instructors. The students are equipped with radio helmets to communicate with the instructor even remotely and in real time.
The kitesurf course for beginners is usually split into 3-4 days and is divided into the following phases:
• Kite flying theory and safety system
• Onshore kite trainer practice (with a small kite)
• Onshore and offshore kite trainer practice
• Re-launch kite techniques
• Self rescue
• Body drag (navigation with kite without board)
• water start with board
• First water navigation with the board
Read detailed information on the phases of the course
- During the course you will learn the flying techniques using a training kite at first (trainer), moving on to practice with the full–kite then. Also you will learn the self rescue techniques, the kite re-launching as well as the body drag and and the on the wind body drag techniques.
- The second part of the course is specifically based on the starting manouvres using the board itself first, until our rookie will be finally able to make his first starting manouvres on his own. At this stage you’ll be ready to kitesurfing in autonomy and what we strongly recommend is to keep on practicing over and over again! We also offer a service of assisted rental post course free of charge.
One of the best kite spot in Europe!!! Gracie mille KVS!!! The best team instructor I never seen!!! And the best flat spot for freestyle ! Thanks you kite village!!!
This is a great kiting spot. Flat water due to the protected lagoon and chest deep or shallower for hundreds and hundreds of meters. Great school with ideal learning conditions. Highly recommended.(…)
Hello everybody, Do you wanna learn kitesurfing in 6 hours? Then this is the right place and team. We we arrived we were tourists and we left as friends of Kite Village Sardegna. Highly professional people, equipment and surrounding. I managed to overcome my fear… read more
By choosing the individual course you will have the certainty of being followed step-by-step by the instructor who will be with you throughout the whole duration of the course itself.
- Beginner course with individual lessons (1 instructor per student): 6 hours at a cost of € 300. Eventual extra hours – € 45 per person
In the case that you are either are a couple of friends or a couple, you can choose to attend the beginner course taking up lessons, either individually or in pairs of two students per instructor. By choosing the course in a pair you can save money on the price of the course; the students will be able to alternate (or interchange) during the practice of the sport itself, which will be very useful in order to spot possible mistakes by watching the performance of the other person who you’re having the lesson with.
Within 6 hours will get you in the right condition to make your first starting maneuvers with the board and if you wish to have extra lessons in a pair the price is € 35 per person per hour.
- Beginner courses in pair (1 instructor per 2 students) 6 hours duration: € 210 for person – eventual extra hours € 30/h for person.
If you had already taken up a course and you only wish to have some more extra hours of lesson, here what we can offer you is:
- Individual lesson (1 instructor per student) € 50 for hour per person
- Individual lessons in a pair (1 instructor per 2 rookies) € 35 for hour per person
Taking lessons from the boat gives you the opportunity of carrying out lessons without interruption and without the need of stopping at the end of the teaching area and walk upwind, as the traditional courses require. It is therefore possible to practice stance management, riding non-stop for the entire duration of the lesson, always followed by the instructor. The on-boat instructor is responsible for communicating instructions to the student using the radio helmet supplied. This type of lesson is held in an area immediately surrounding the spot of Punta Trettu. Students are taken to this area and returned to shore by boat.
Price € 80 / hour
Our school works only with IKO & FIV certified, experienced, and multilingual instructors.
The lessons can be conducted in the following languages:
We all have a different learning-time, which depends on various factors such as: the age and the sports we’ve been practicing so far, our physical, psychological and athletic conditions. Generally, our IKO and FIV certified instructors can teach the rookie, who is totally unfamiliar with either any sailing or with board sports, in about 8/10 hours of lessons guiding him all the way through his first navigation maneuvers until finally doing kitesurfing in total autonomy. People who are already familiar with sports such as snowboarding, windsurfing, wake-boarding or skateboarding (which all have a lateral walk instead of a frontal one ) will definitely have an advantage and 6 hours of lessons could be enough in order to start navigating.
As professional instructors, our main goal is to teach you kitesurfing the best way and in order to make this happen, we always do our best!! We know that the principal wannabes’s aim is to be able to navigate with their own kite as soon as possible. The School’s goal is to form brand new Kiters respecting their own learning time, constantly attempting to reach the preset goal along with our rookies in the right amount of time.
The natural conditions of the spot such as the waveless sea, the ground swell and the flat water make your learning more rapid and safe, away from the swimmers. It is also a reliable ground to play on either practicing with the kite or with the board, letting you play with the starting maneuvers in total tranquillity giving you time to rest without struggling in the deep water.
- We discourage people from taking up kitesurfing on their own as in this sport is impossible to have a shot at it. If the kite is manipulated with no experience, it can be extremely dangerous for you first and for all the people around you and the equipment as well.
- We also discourage you from attending any type of courses in which you are offered only 1 instructor for more then 2 rookies (as it is required from the IKO regulations).
For courses and renting is necessary to be members of the Association at a price of € 15 that includes a kitesurfing insurance valid for one calendar year.Within the Membership itself you will avail of all the services we put at your disposal in the Kite Village Sardinia such as: the bar kiosk, wi-fi, showers, toilets, changing rooms, barbecue, kite washing area and kite storage, rescue and assistant service, equipment rental, canoes, sup, mountain bikes, surfboard and wakeboard boat rental.
To rent our kitesurfing equipment it is necessary to be an ASD member and to be independently able to practice this sport in total self – safety, owing an Iko certificate. Otherwise we will be individually evaluating all the applicants in order to guarantee and follow the safety standards.
Kitesurf equipment available to hire:
- Kite Duotone Neo, Dice, Evo, Mono (size from 5m to 14m)
- Bars click and trust 4 lines from 22/24 metri
- Duotone twintip bi-direzional kite boards Gonzales, Gambler, X-ride, Spike, Select (size 130/ 134/136/138/142/155/163)
- Wave freestyle surf board DKT WHIP CSC 5.2
- Hydrofoil board DKT FREE 5.0 (60/90)
- Harness impact jacket, wetsuits, helmets ION
- Boots size 42/43
Other equipment available to hire:
- Stand up paddle (Fanatic SUP) 11′
- Beginner surfboard 8′
- MTB all day 15 € or 5 €/h
- E-BIKE all day 45 € or 30 € for 3 hours
All the equipment will be changed every year so as to guarantee high standards of reliability.