The kitevillage is located only a few meters away from Punta Trettu beach, right opposite to the island of Sant’ Antioco, in the welcoming clearing between the pine forest and the bay of the spot itself. More precisely, it is situated in the suburb of Matzacarra (San Giovanni Sergiu) on the South-West coast of Sardinia.
Places to visit
Very close to the Village, you can visit all the lovely and enchanting places that have always been a choice destination for tourists because of their beauty: Porto Pino, which is situated within a few km of our Village, and the beautiful beaches of Sant’ Antioco and San Pietro. The first one is connected to Sardinia by a bridge and an artificial isthmus, while the second one is reachable by sea. Both of the islands are fringed by astonishing beaches where you can sunbathe as well as practising kitesurfing even during the low – season period, especially when the “perfect” sea storm allows you to amazingly ride the waves. All this area belongs to the Historical and environmental Geo Park of Sardinia which includes the green coast’s mines and the Geo site of Porto Flavia in the district of Masua, only about 1 hour drive from our Village; this seaside resort is popular because of a stack which is situated right in the middle of the sea close to the coast called “Pan di Zucchero” (literally: “Bread of Sugar”).
How to get to Punta Trettu
- By car: the journey is a fast and easy driving of about 1 hour from Cagliari to the exit of Villamassargia/Carbonia, going through the motorway SS130 (40 km in total). Keep driving towards Carbonia, then follow signs for Matzacarra.
- By rental car: It is possible to rent a car from Euro 12 per day at the various car rentals available at the Cagliari’s Airport.
- By train: getting on at Cagliari calling at Carbonia Serbariu, the Trenitalia Line takes about 1 hour travelling at a cost of 4 Euro per ticket. The Carbonia train station is a few km away from the Village and you can get there by either getting the ARTS bus or arranging for us to pick you up with the Village’s bus.
- Transfer services from the Port and Airport: private transfer from Cagliari from 90 €.
- Busses: to San Giovanni Sergiu and Matzacarra
Itinerary from Cagliari to Punta Trettu (Matzaccara)
- By car: The motorway that goes from Olbia to Carbonia is about 300 km long and you can drive all the way down through the inland in a very pleasant jurney. Drive along the motorway SS131 towards Cagliari for about 250 km until the Villamassargia / Carbonia exit. Go on towards Carbonia and then follow all the direction for Matzacarra.
- By rental car: you can rent a car from EURO 12 per day at the car rentals at the Olbia Airport.
- By train: using Trenitalia rail services, the connection Olbia / Carbonia Serbariu takes about 5 hours at a cost of Euro 18. The Carbonia train station is a few km away from the Village and you can get there by either getting the ARTS bus or arranging for us to pick you up with the Village’s bus.
Itinerary from Olbia to Punta Trettu (Matzaccara)
From Porto Torres and Alghero
- By car: wether you arrive from Porto Torres or Alghero, the journey takes about 2.5 hours. When you reach the SS131 motorway, drive along around 240 km untiil the Villamassargia / Carbonia exit. Continue towards Carbonia and then follow all the direction to Matzacarra.
- By rental car: car rental is attended at Porto Torres and at Alghero’s Airport. The rental is Euro 12 per day.
- By train: the connection between either Porto Torres and Alghero or Porto Torres and Carbonia takes 5 hours at a cost of Euro 18 by Trenitalia rail services. The Carbonia train station is a few km away from the Village and you can get there by either getting the ARTS bus or arranging for us to pick you up with the Village’s bus.
- Transfer services from the Airport: private transfer from Algehro Airport price 300 € (up to 4 pax) 420 € (up to 7 pax).